“As BNF Bank’s Chief Commercial Officer, I lead the Commercial Banking Department, the Business Development Department, the Treasury Department and the International Banking Unit,” George Debono explains.

BNF Bank plc, formerly known as Banif Bank (Malta) plc, started operations in Malta in 2008 and offers personal and business clients a highly personalised service through its network of 12 retail branches spread across the Maltese islands, a Corporate and Business Banking Centre and a local trading room.

Its majority shareholder is JUD Investment Group Ltd, a subsidiary of Al Faisal Holding Group, one of Qatar's largest private diversified groups, which owns 92.4 per cent of the shares. The remaining 7.6 per cent stake is held by four Maltese shareholders: PG Holdings Ltd, Virtu Investments Ltd, Sak Ltd and Mizzi Capital Projects.

Mr Debono has worked in the financial services industry for more than 25 years and occupied various senior management roles, predominantly within HSBC’s Commercial Banking, Retail Banking and Risk.

He set up and managed HSBC Malta’s first Premier Centre in 2010 and also headed HSBC’s International Banking Unit, Mid-Market Enterprises and Corporate Real Estate and Hotels.

Get in touch: customercare@bnf.bank

Who’s Who List in Malta is a collection of profiles of people involved and active in business, management and professional life in Malta. You can discover more by visiting whoswho.mt, Malta’s leading online business search engine and networking platform.

Main Image:

Read Next: Placeholder