Virtu Ferries Gozo has announced a revision in the fare prices for its regular scheduled fast ferry service between Valletta and Mgarr Harbour in Gozo, merging different pricing categories to bring the number of different rates down from eight to five.
The 45-minute service between the two islands has already carried thousands of passengers, with social media aflood with positive comments and major stakeholders expressing their satisfaction with it.
Now, barely two weeks since the launch of the service, the subsidiary of the Malta-Sicily catamaran company on Friday announced that while the standard fares are unchanged, practically every other ticket category is now cheaper.
The new price for adults, youths and seniors holding a Tallinja Card saw a significant decrease from €11 to €7.50, while the price for children holding the public transport card has been reduced from €5.50 to €3.50.
The same price applies for Gozitan children and Gozitan children holding a Tallinja Card, representing a sloght increase in the price of both.
This means that children can now pay a standard fare of €6, unchanged from the initial pricing, or €3.50 if they hold a Tallinja Card, are Gozitan, or both.
The old and new ticket prices, including return, are:
• Standard fare for adults, youths & seniors: €12; No change
• Standard fare for children: €6; No change
• Tallinja Card for adults, youths & seniors: €11; New price: €7.50
• Tallinja Card for children: €5.50; New price: €3.50
• Gozo residents who are adults, youths & seniors: €5; New price: €4.50
• Gozo residents who are children: €3; New price: €3.50
• Gozo residents + Tallinja card for adults, youths & seniors: €4.60; New price: €4.50
• Gozo residents + Tallinja card for children: €2.70; New price: €3.50
Infants may board for free at all times.